Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
The Assistant Workshop Administration Manager assists in managing the day-to-day stores activities
- Assisting in purchasing of spares, protective clothing, tyres and any other stock items that may be required in the daily running of the company;
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure that the company gets the best possible deals at all times;
- Supervising and controlling the Stores staff to ensure that they add value to the company at all times;
- Assisting in evaluating the performance of suppliers to ensure that the company gets proper value for money from them at all times;
- Assist in developing good procedures, procurement plans, systems of control and re-ordering plans;
- Putting adequate checks in place to ensure that there is no confusion when it comes to purchasing stock for the company at any time;
- Assisting implementing the plans, systems, procedures, checks and controls to ensure that all staff members know what is expected of them at all times;
- Ensuring that the Stores are neat, accessible and efficient at all times;
- Maintaining minimum and maximum stock levels for spares, tyres, lubes and fuel;
- Ensuring that the correct costing of all item in the system is maintained;
- Ensuring that monthly stock takes are done and reports are sent to the Senior Management;
- Assisting in the disposal of obsolete stock/dead stock;
- Assisting in formulating and implementing stores control systems and procedures;
- Ensuring proper storage, dispensation and security of fuel;
- Assisting in maintaining an asset register for all company assets used by the department.
- Assisting in maintaining a register for all tools and equipment kept in stores.
- Ensuring that all such tools and equipment are controlled following the stores procedures set.
- Monthly stock taking of tools and equipment and reporting of any variances.
- Ensuring that second hand stores are utilized first before new spares are issued out to the workshop staff for all repairs and maintenance required on the fleet of trucks;
- Ensuring that all major spare parts are data marked.
- Ensuring correct costing of all items/spares in stock.
- Degree or Diploma in Business/ Business Administration or relevant
- 5 to 10 years of relevant management experience in a similar role within the transport industry an added advantage;
- 30 to 40 years of age.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.