A local leading Insurance Group of Companies with International Alliance is seeking to fill in the following vacancy:
AUDIT ENGAGEMENT TEAM LEADER
Reporting to the Group Internal Audit Executive the main roles and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Participating in the development of the annual audit plan for the business.
- Leading and monitoring the execution of audit engagements as per the approved Audit Plan and guided by Internal Auditing Standards.
- Preparing and presenting audit reports that reflect findings & recommend corrective measures to management for implementation.
- Monitoring & ensuring implementation of agreed action plans as recommended in the Audit Report are done in a regular and timely manner.
- Conducting follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions on recommendations made.
- Evaluating internal controls of the organization in order to identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures.
- Participating in business projects a acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Engaging in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Key qualifications, experience & competencies
- A First Degree in Internal Auditing, or Accounting.
- A relevant professional qualification or have made significant progression towards attainment of such.
- At least 4 years’ experience leading an Audit Team in a Financial Services environment.
- Ability to apply a thorough understanding of governance, risk and control appropriate to the organization.
- Understanding data analytics, fraud examination and information technology auditing.
- Be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, dynamic work environment.
- Disciplined work ethic with great attitude and energy.