The BOOST Fellowship Trust
The BOOST Fellowship is a non-profit organisation that was founded in 2000 through the support of a dynamic team of enthusiasts from Zimbabwe. In line with the old age African adage that “It takes a village to raise a child” we adopted the view that youth success does not solely depend on the formal education system alone, but on society as a whole. As a result, we set out to develop programs that offer holistic development of youth, especially young women and girls. Our programs are inspired by “Entrepreneur Intelligence” which refers to a mind-set that encourages our beneficiaries to adopt an approach to life that identifies and pursues possibilities even in challenging circumstances. BOOST is an acronym which stands for “Building Opportunities on Student Talent.”
- The Business Development Intern’s primary role is to assist in the management of proposal development efforts to ensure the successful completion and responsiveness of the organisation’s solicited and unsolicited competitive proposals.
- Working with the Business Development Manager, this role supports the identification and tracking of longer-term strategic opportunities, supports competitive analyses, and is responsible for the internal flow, review, and quality of all proposal inputs.
- This role ensures the timely completion of all proposal components, anticipates challenges and troubleshoots in advance, coordinates activities in cross functional business areas, performs as lead writer on various sections of the proposal, and submits final proposals.
- Actively identify funding opportunities to create a pipeline of opportunities in close coordination with Business Development Manager;
- Support the proposal process to deliver compliant, competitive proposals to prospects and clients in a timely manner.
- Supports the entire proposal process, from capture through development and submission, in close collaboration with Program Management Office and Operations office;
- Create proposal calendar, track technical and cost proposal progress to ensure milestones are met, and ensure that every member of the proposal team, knows what is expected of him/her and when tasks are due;
- Facilitate technical strategy development of senior level technical and country senior staff, including development of log frames and results frameworks;
- Ensure that all categories of program costs are considered at the conceptualisation and submission stage of grant preparation;
- Support Program Management Office throughout the handover process and start-up of programs approved by the donor;
- Deliver regular reports and analysis of the implementation plans, mapping between program priorities and donor opportunities, funding analysis, etc to be used by management for review and decision making;
- Participate in, and/or lead, proposal writing as needed;
- Provide detailed and strategic analysis of solicitations, develop requirements list and submission information according to solicitation instructions;
- Produce and regularly update a comprehensive mapping of all donor opportunities (by sector and geography) in Zimbabwe and surrounding countries;
- Develop and maintain a strong and professional image of the organisation among relevant donors;
- Support the organisation to develop, manage and maintain strategic partnerships with local actors, including bilateral, multilaterals, corporate donors and external networks
- University degree in business management or commercials;
- Minimum 2 years experience in grant/proposal writing with a successful track record for securing significant multi-year commitments from donors;
- Superior knowledge of and proven experience writing proposals to large corporate, foundation and government donors and an understanding of technical and financial requirements for large grants;
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to tell stories and leverage data for strong proposals;
- Knowledge of local fundraising information sources;
- Demonstrable knowledge as a result of study, training or practical experience on grants acquisition;
- Knowledge of the various donors interests, priorities and requirements;
- Substantial experience within the NGO sector;
- High level of computer proficiency;
- Class 4 driver’s license is an added advantage
E-mail current CV and cover letter clearly stating position being applied for, motivating why you are the right person for the job and how your skills and experience in a similar role can help you perform well in this position to email@example.com
Deadline: 14 February 2020
Related Jobs (2)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time