Reference Number : ECO200508-2
Job Title : Business Development Manager
Company : Cassava Smartech
Reporting To : Managing Director
Job Type Classification : Permanent
Location : Harare, Zimbabwe
Cassava Smartech is looking for a Business Development Manager to join the Maisha Health Fund Team. The main purpose of the position is to ensure roll out of Maisha Health Fund Products & Services into the market as well as developing new business partnerships, revenue streams, recommending new business (or product) concepts that ensures Maisha Health Fund KPIs are met.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 Advanced levels
- A commercial Degree in Business Studies, Marketing, Economics or equivalent.
- A relevant vocational or professional qualification will be an added advantage
- 4-6 years’ experience in the business development and proven record of innovations with some work done in the Medical Aid industry
- Working knowledge of the Health Industry.
Key Result Areas
- Initiates new business development plans from existing and new channel partners.
- Reviews Marketing route to market strategies for new products at pilot and commercial launch stage.
- Negotiates and signs up business deals which bring new secure revenue to the business
- Identifies and engages key strategic stakeholders that will help grow the business. e.g Government, Industry Association/Institute & Regulator level
- Researches online sales data and industry trends to provide insights in growing Maisha Health Fund market
- Develops Insights from Trend Analysis Reports and Recommends a list of innovations (Ideas) and annual roll out plans for inclusion in the Business Plan
- Develops the Project Charter (with the assistance of the Group Project Management Office)
- Oversees the preparation of project launch readiness reports in liaison with the Group Project Management Office and develops launch proposal for approval by the HOD
- Ensures quality control through the evaluation and review of product design and market readiness before launch
- Monitors weekly and monthly product updates
- Provides new product training for the various facets of the business and stakeholders
- Provides reports of the technical performance of the product and recommends areas of further development for review by the HOD and technical analysts
- Reviews uptake performance reports weekly and submits recommendations for the alignment of the Marketing Campaign with circumstances in the trade and or ensures the implementation of different Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion & Place) interventions
- Negotiates with Service Providers on favorable tariffs and payment terms
- Carries out trade visits regularly and monitors competitor activities and initiates activities which give business competitive edge
Closing Date : 15-05-2020
Related Jobs (7)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time