Closing Date: 2020/09/08
Reference Number: ECO200904-3
Job Title: Business & Merchant Officer
Company: Cassava Smartech
Reporting To: Business & Merchant Manager
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Cassava Smartech is looking for versatile & dynamic Business & Merchant Officers to join the Sasai Business Team. The main purpose of the position is to achieve set business revenue targets and increase Sasai’s presence through implementation of a sound business and merchant engagement life-cycle management framework in the digital payment platform
Qualifications and Experience
- A Commercial Degree or equivalent.
- 2-4 years’ experience in mobile money, financial sector or related environment.
- Possess excellent presentation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and Team Management skills.
- Possess good training skills
Key Result Areas
- Engages key merchants to ensure a partnership that grows Sasai digital payments wallet share within the payments done by merchant.
- Implements initiatives that ensure that each merchant reaches pre-agreed transactional value targets and ensure Sasai maximizes on the Value Chain strategy
- Monitors and ensures that all merchants are operating in alignment with the merchant engagement framework strategy.
- Executes digital payments action plans through monitoring, ordering and allocating the stock levels for all collateral relating to the digital payments.
- Monitors and engages inactive merchants to ensure that they reach the targeted activity ratios.
- Engages key merchants to establish relationships that ensure the growth and product uptake of merchant and card business which includes facilitating the contracting process.
- Proposes appropriate merchandising material for the different digital payments channels
- Interacts with the merchant designs and implements strategies to improve performance.
- Recommends channel development, use cases and pricing initiatives with the aim of inducing product usage and development.
- Sets performance standards by merchant or initiative and reviews periodically (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Does analysis of various aspects in the digital payments space and uses this to come up with recommendations for various parties
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals