Job Family: Administrative
Department: Materials Management Department
The Purchasing and Fleet Departments helps make gospel teaching, resources, or services accessible to all Church members in the Africa Southeast Area in a simple and affordable way. The position administers all purchasing and fleet activities within an assigned area.
- Participate in both facilitated and negotiation meetings.
- Must understand relevant category, the supply chain and geographic implications.
- Ensure all forms of communication are clear and precise when liaising with all stakeholders
- Participate in all team concerns and provide timely feedback on any outstanding matters
Understand Customer Needs
- Keep up to date with all market happenings and improvement to ensure the area has been keeping up with trends
Purchase Order Administration
- Attention to detail and able to work under
- Understands importance of timeous completion of work
- Minor technical knowledge of vehicles and valid drivers license
Teamwork and Self-Management
- Able to contribute productively to the success of a team, under direction of Area Manager
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained
- Demonstrate consistent application of group and company procedures and policies
- Plan and prioritize, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change
- Analyzing and advanced computer skills using MS Office programs and others.
- Must be worthy of a Temple Recommend
- Bachelor’s degree (business related preferred) with 1 to 2 years related experience (preferred) or Six years of directly related experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Understanding and application of good purchasing principles
- Proven negotiation skills and excellent communication skills
- Valid drivers license and 3 years driving experience will be advantageous.
- Member of ISM (Institute of supply management) or CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) will be advantageous.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Due to COVID-19 situation, interview starting dates may be adjusted.
The postion will be based at the Famona Chaple, Harare.