(Harare based; incumbent will be expected to travel to Nyamagaya – Nyanga on a monthly basis)
To effectively and profitably manage the purchasing, expediting and stores functions for the Marketing Division and Farming Operations. To identify, select, purchase and expedite the delivery of quality products or services for the Divisions within the standard time frame and specifications.
- Negotiate credit terms with Suppliers
- Compliance to specification & standards required for goods & services meeting the target of zero returns of goods/services ordered.
- Process all Internal Requisitions to final delivery and payment of goods/services getting at least three quotations from Management approved Suppliers list within standard delivery timelines.
- Resolution of unplanned & unexpected Operational requirements with 24hours to 36Hours.
- Adherence to Stock and planned reorder levels in coordination with the Stores Departments and Operations Departments.
- Filing of all Purchasing documents in a systematic & orderly manner.
- Purchasing of all goods & services at the best possible prices & costs according to bench marked standards.
- Maintain and manage files for Part Delivered Orders and Pre-Paid Orders to Suppliers ensuring all Orders are completed on time.
- Ensure that goods & services purchased meet required quality & specifications as per Procurement Policy.
- Ensure that proper procedures are followed on dispatching goods from Depots to the Farms/Depots.
- Track & record all goods dispatched until they arrive at the final destination within planned time frames.
- Process and complete all Orders within set time lines. Zero loss of goods during delivery to required destination.
- Follow up on payments to Suppliers and ensure that Suppliers are paid on time within agreed time frames and adherence to credit terms.
- Ensure all goods & services ordered conform to Procurement standards raising, recording & resolving non-compliance with relevant Departments & Staff Members.
- Update fully and manage online Order Tracker on a daily basis achieving 100% accuracy with periodic reference to the Divisional Stock Trackers.
- Process all purchasing source documents in the computerized system and submit daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports on time. Ensure that all systems & Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to as per Group Standard Operating Procedures in place.
- Solving all purchasing queries raised by Suppliers or Internal Customers within standard time frames and ensuring cordial business relations are maintained.
- Degree or Diploma in Business management; Economics; Purchasing and Supply or any related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in an FMCG environment and should have a proven track record of implementing strong internal controls.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Power Point and experience with Sage Evolution
- Product quality and standards Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Internal Customer Relationships, Market Knowledge of Suppliers of goods/services, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Supplier Relationships, Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills at all level of the business hierarchy Time Management, Detail-oriented and ability to manage a business by the numbers, Innovative thinking and ability to solve simple & complex problems with the target to achieve set goals.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.