Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Position Type:Local Staff
ECODIT is an international development ﬁrm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more 50 countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and urban and local governance sectors.
ECODIT seeks applications from Zimbabwean Nationals for multiple Zimbabwe-based long-term and short-term positions for the anticipated USAID CBNRM Activity, which will increase the capacity of communities to sustainably protect and manage community-based natural resources and the wildlife economy in anticipation of future shocks and stresses. This will be done through the provision of technical assistance focused on three key areas: (1) improving economic benefits from strengthened community-level governance and oversight of conservation enterprises; (2) increasing sustainable supplies of water of sufficient quantity and quality to meet human, economic, and ecosystem needs.; and (3) strengthening locally-led development and increased private sector engagement.
ECODIT seeks qualified candidates to support a range of activities over the life of the project, per the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in environmental and natural resource management, biodiversity, forestry, sustainable wildlife, or a related area
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience working on donor funded activities; experience supporting USAID projects preferred;
- Experience working in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Community-based Natural Resource Management
- Local Governance & Transparency
- Conservation Enterprises
- Land Use Planning & Land Tenure
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Economic Development
- Food & Water Security
- Program Design and Evaluation
- Evidence & Learning
- Training and Capacity Building
- Resource Rights & Governance
- Private Sector Engagement
- Gender and Indigenous Inclusion
- Knowledge Management & Communications
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Administration and Finance
- • Strong project management skills, along with highly developed interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- • Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- • Fluency in another local language preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter and updated resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” page of ECODIT’s website.
Please note that positions are contingent upon contract award.
Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who fail to meet the application criteria may be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. In addition to Zimbabwe nationals, residents of Zimbabwe that meet the required qualifications are also encouraged to apply. No phone calls please.
Related Jobs (23)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time