Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: 3 x Chegutu and 4 x Gweru
Background and Purpose
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental organisations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, its task to contribute to improvement in the nutritional and income basis for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Sector focus is on, WASH, Food and Nutrition security, Livelihoods and when necessary Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe has entered into a partnership with WFP for the implementation of an Urban Social Assistance Project through a cash based transfer mechanism. The overall objective of the project is to save lives by providing support to 30 000 food insecure and crisis affected people in urban areas of Chegutu and Gweru urban domains. The multi-purpose cash assistance is expected to help offset loss of income due to loss of livelihoods due to shocks and stresses, including the impact of COVID-19 on mobility. The project will give unconditional cash transfers of $12 per person per month over a period of 6 months to cover food and household immediate needs, including soap. In order to successfully implement this project, Welthungerhilfe seeks to recruit for the following position.
Specific task and responsibilities
- Monitor the area’s operational activities and provide feed-back to the Management;
- Follow-up on the project/program area monitoring system in close cooperation with the monitoring team;
- Regularly supervise the execution of field related activities and results, provide feed-back to the Management regarding progress;
- Design, implement and document meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings and other events related to the program’s/project’s field of activities;
- Keep management informed about topics and developments related to the project’s/program’s activities (e.g. through evaluation of the press, direct dialog, forum participation, public hearings, seminars);
- Develop and organize quality assurance;
- Participate in identifying needs for external support and advice;
- Coordinate the planning of project/program activities within the defined area;
- Formulate project action plans and synchronize between the planning and budgeting system;
- Prepare inputs to project/program reports and publications for all required reports;
- Develop and maintain contacts with all relevant stakeholders;
- Cooperate with government institutions, nongovernment organizations, and the local community
- Report all security relevant issues and information to the Security Officers and Management.
Required skills and experience
- A Degree in Agriculture/Food Security/ Development Studies/ social sciences/ or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a professional;
- Minimum of 1year experience working for an International Non-Governmental Organization;
- Understanding of the interface between donor and government including good community and stakeholder engagement skills and experience;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and modern telecommunication systems
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Welthungerhilfe does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Shortlisting will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 1 September 2020