Position: Cash Transfer Officer
Application deadline: 23 February 2020
Location: Insiza District
Reports to: Consortium Team Leader, Managed by the Crisis Modifier Coordinator
Works with: Sizimele District Team, M&E Team, Finance, Procurement and Logistics Teams, government stakeholders, and collaborates with other humanitarian players in Insiza
Contract period: 1 March 2020 – 31 July 2020
Project Background: Sizimele Action for Resilience Building is a consortium of 10 organisations implementing the Zimbabwe Resilience Building Fund (ZRBF) in Lupane, Insiza and Matobo districts. The Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Water, Climate and Rural Resettlement (MLAWCRS) is the key partner in the implementation to ensure sustainability of interventions. The project covers 57 wards; 22 wards in Lupane, 16 in Insiza and 19 in Matobo. The aim of this project is to build capacity for resilience through four strategic interventions, which are:
- Strengthened local disaster risk management systems
- Increased diversification of agricultural production,
- Improved market linkages and asset accumulation,
- Supportive enabling environment for resilience.
The program’s overall objective is to enable recovery and enhance the resilience of at-risk smallholder farmers so that they are food, income and nutrition secure in the face of increasing multiple and chronic shocks and stressors.
Sizimele is scaling up the second Crisis Modifier in the three districts of operation in order to protect development gains in view of the protracted crisis manifesting in livestock poverty deaths, water shortages and increasing food insecurity due to a combination climatic and economic shocks. In response to food insecurity, Sizimele is providing cash transfers in Insiza district where recipients will work on priority projects based on their DRR plans. In light of this, a Cash Transfer Officer vacancy has arisen in Insiza district.
Based in Insiza, Filabusi Centre, the Cash Transfer Officer will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of cash-based programming with flexibility to adapt the intervention to the changing context.
- Conduct community mobilization, beneficiary identification, selection and registration processes timely, and transparently in accordance with cash assistance guidelines or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct training of Consortium staff on the e-voucher cash transfer modality in close collaboration with DCA Global Humanitarian Advisor.
- Generate final beneficiary cash distribution lists, validate beneficiary details, conduct beneficiary verifications to rectify inclusion and exclusion errors, run cash distribution lists with private sector cash disbursement service providers to ascertain accuracy of beneficiary details, schedule and timely disburse cash;
- Identify and Supervise the cash transfer agents in processing disbursements;
- Participate in market assessments and Post Distribution Monitoring surveys to inform transfer modality and project adjustments;
- Ensure program activities are delivered according to work plan, promptly identifying any current or potential delays and appraise management;
- Compile and submit regular project updates/reports and promptly identify and recommend solutions;
- Ensure appropriate messages are transferred to the beneficiaries, local government partners, private players and other key humanitarian actors
- Collaborate with other humanitarian players to curb duplication of effort, foster complementary and coordinated assistance;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Hold a degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Agri-Business Management, Economics, Marketing, Rural Development, Project Management;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in cash-based programming;
- Demonstrated familiarity with NGOs work in general, INGO experience in humanitarian support an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing partnerships and coordination of different stakeholders;
- Familiarity with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to work well under pressure;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy especially, PPT, Word, Excel);
- Demonstrable understanding of M&E and accountability
- Advanced written and spoken English;
- Ability to communicate in Ndebele with community members
- Strong team spirit and willingness to cooperate with others;
- Excellent analytical and observation skills;
- Able to maintain quality work in a stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
Related Jobs (25)
Integrated Specimen Transport (IST) Technical Lead on October 22, 2020 Full Time