The person reports to the Assistant Director (Arts Promotion and Development) at Head Office.
Development and Promotion of arts and culture at Murewa Culture Centre.
Key Result Areas
- Produce a strategic plan and annual work plans in line with the national development plans for the Centre
- Coordinate the Mbende/Jerusalem festival and ensure the active participation of the Mbende/Jerusarema Safeguarding Committee
- Develop a resource mobilization strategy for the funding of arts and culture programmes and projects including viable income generating projects at the Centre.
- Establish networks, linkages and partnerships with relevant stakeholders for a win-win relationship
- Produce issue based, monthly and annual narrative and financial reports for all activities at the Centre.
- Carry out research in Intangible Cultural Heritage in Murewa and the surrounding districts, and or other parts of Zimbabwe.
- Develop strategies to make the centre a tourist attraction and Cultural Research Centre for the country
Competence and Skills
- Art and heritage Curating Skills
- Integrity and Good interpersonal skills
- Has full understanding of Heritage and its dynamics
- Good communication and negotiating skills
- Enterprising personality with an eye for business
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Social Sciences degree that speaks to the Arts, Culture and Heritage domains
- Proven experience in arts and culture sector
- Proven experience and ability to write concepts papers, funding proposals and conduct research in the Arts, Culture and Heritage
- Must be highly computer literate and in possession of class 4 driver licence.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to:
National Arts Council of Zimbabwe
P O Box 10463,
or send by email to: email@example.com
Please indicate the post applied for on the application letter and submit not later than 20th November 2020