Zvitambo is a multidisciplinary public health research institute with the mission of improving maternal and child health in Zimbabwe, and to apply its findings to improve health globally. Zvitambo conducts research and provides technical support and education to reduce the burden of malnutrition and infectious diseases. Zvitambo has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual harassment. Zvitambo is looking for an energized and committed team to help lead and support a trial in rural communities in Shurugwi District, called the Child Health, Agriculture and Integrated Nutrition (CHAIN). This randomized control trial is looking to close the nutrient gap in rural Zimbabwe. CHAIN is looking to improve the daily energy requirements of children by one year of age. All posts will be based in Shurugwi District
- The Intervention Nurse will supervise village health workers to ensure the effective adoption of the study intervention focussed on adding nutrients to existing meals for children.
- They will ensure that the village health workers have been trained in the interventions and will provide onsite support of intervention implementation.
- The Intervention Nurse will work with the village health workers to ensure that the correct intervention is delivered to the correct household.
- A team of intervention nurses will work under the supervision of the CHAIN Project Lead.
- They will work to schedule visits in a coordinated manner and ensure that documentation is of a high standard.
- This post requires a high degree of logistics coordination and supervisory skills.
- The start date for this post is 1 December 2020.
The candidate must have:
- A nursing qualification with at least 5 years of nursing experience in a rural setting;
- Current practicing certificate; certification in HIV Rapid testing;
- A commitment to working as part of a multidisciplinary research team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with rural community members as well as clinic staff;
- Excellent organisational skills; strong motivational skills; the ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Fluency in Shona and English;
- Computer literacy with practical experience with word processing programmes and spreadsheet forms;
- A current certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics which is required by the Medical Research Council of Zimbabwe;
- Traceable references.
It is preferable if the candidate has previous familiarity with Shurugwi district, and its rural communities and previous research experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for CHAIN Intervention Nurse.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15 November 2020