Our client, the Agricultural Bank of Zimbabwe, trading as Agribank, is a fully fledged commercial bank and an institution owned by the Government of Zimbabwe. The bank is registered and operates in terms of the Banking Act of Zimbabwe (Chapter 24:20). In line with its mandate, the Bank’s main business comprises of the following operations, Agricultural Financing & Development; Domestic Money and Capital Markets; Treasury and International Banking services; Retail Banking services; Executive Banking; Corporate Banking; Microfinance; Corporate Finance and Advisory services; Mobile Banking and Internet Banking; Agency Banking amongst other strategic operations.
The position,reporting to the Board of Directors, this role requires a turnaround strategist with a proven track record in breaking new ground and challenging the status quo. The agricultural sector; having been identified as one of the key economic turnaround sectors, will require full support from the Bank, which will play a key role in capacitating the sector. Therefore, the ideal candidate must possess the requisite level of aggressiveness and innovativeness to drive the growth of agriculture from a financial perspective at a national scale. This critical thinker and self starter shall be vested with the general control of the day to day business affairs of Agribank including its strategic initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Banking, Finance and Agriculture;
- Master’s in Business Administration, Business Leadership, Strategy, Economics, Banking and Finance
- Leadership training at managerial or executive level is a must;
- Some exposure to agriculture over and above the stated qualifications would be an advantage;
- 10 to 15 years relevant experience in finance, banking plus agricultural development financing, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior management position;
- Strong communication, people management, interpersonal and influencing skills to build strong business relationships, foster stakeholder engagement, create new partnerships and drive a culture of collaboration and innovation;
- Experience in corporate banking would be advantageous;
- Ability to engage, pursue and close deals with various clients and stakeholders from all industries and sectors.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your latest curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of your qualifications to Lorimak Executive Recruitment Consultants on emails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 15 May 2020
Related Jobs (5)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time