GGF Africa has been retained by Allied Timbers (Private) Limited (“the Company”), a leading provider of high quality and durable timber-based solutions, to receive applications from suitably qualified and experienced
persons to fill the following position of Chief Executive Officer. The Company administers large commercial forestry plantations, sawmills and other value addition processes.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Chairperson of the Company’s Board of Directors on a five-year performance related contract.
Purpose, Duties and Responsibilities:
The Chief Executive Officer will be required to undertake and deliver on the following duties and responsibilities, in liaison with the Board of Directors:
- Formulate and implement the Company’s short and long-term strategies, policies and procedures that will lead to the fulfillment of the organisation’s overall goals and strategic objectives;
- Oversee the management of the operations, undertakings and property of the organisation;
- Assist the Board to fulfill its governance function and advise the Board on appropriate measures to use in implementation of its mandate;
- Provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organisation’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives;
- Lead the profitable attainment of budgeted annual planting and associated forestry processes targets, production volumes and sales revenues through a team of dedicated and motivated employees;
- Set and review performance targets and budgets for departments, teams and individuals;
- Ensure optimum capacity utilisation of plant and equipment;
- Grow and develop local and export markets;
- Oversee timeous production of accurate and compliant financial and operational reports;
- Develop and implement effective internal controls, budgets, systems, standard operating procedures, quality and environmental standards;
- Ensure adequate working capital and CAPEX funding for the business growth and survival;
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders and represent the company in high level negotiations, business transactions, industry body meetings and key events;
- Lead the Corporate Social Responsibility programs, ensure regulatory and statutory compliance, and ensure adherence to good corporate governance throughout the value chain and operations.
Required Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated business leader, entrepreneur, and turnaround strategist with a proven performance track record, and should meet the following minimum criteria:
- A relevant first degree from a recognized academic institution;
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration or Management from a recognized institution is a distinct advantage;
- Functional knowledge of commercial forestry, timber processing and value addition process will be an added advantage;
- Ability to interpret financial statements and glean value;
- High level of computer literacy;
- 10 years’ experience at senior management level;
- Honesty and integrity with the ability to foster a professional business culture;
- Clean class 4 drivers’ license;
- No criminal record; and
- Traceable references.
Conditions of service will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications and qualifications should apply to the Board Chair stating the position being applied for, attaching copies of qualifications, detailed curriculum vitae’s and 3 traceable referees no later than Friday 19 June 2020. Application letters should be emailed to email@example.com.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Any applications received after the closing date and time will NOT be accepted.