Zimbabwe International Trade Fair Company (ZITF) invites applications from suitably qualified Professionals/Executives for the post of Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Executive Officer reports directly to the Board of ZITF.
The Chief Executive Officer provides strategic leadership in the form of guidance and supervision of all departments so that each department achieves its set targets in terms of business growth, human resource growth and management, efficiency in operating expenses, profits and direction of the business to ensure that shareholder business objectives are realized and maximum return on investment is achieved.
- Strategic Planning
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Administration
- New Capital Projects Development
- General Business Growth
- Risk Management
- Human Resources Management
- External Liaison and Image Building •
Full details of these key responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer will be provided on request by prospective candidates — at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Candidate should have the following:
- A relevant business degree in Management, Finance, Business Studies, Social Sciences, Marketing, Accounting or equivalent.
- An MBA/MBL.
- A bias toward Business Development will be a distinct advantage.
- 7-10 years relevant experience in senior leadership with at least 5 years in a service industry
- Business and Entrepreneurial acumen
- Ability to work in a diverse multicultural, national and international environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in concise written & oral reports
- Problem solving & mediation skills
- Good analytical skills and decision making ability
- Proven ability to produce results within tight deadlines
- Ability to coordinate, motivate & supervise a diverse team
A commensurate attractive package and other benefits go along with the position.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, together with the following:
- A letter of motivation
- Detailed and updated curriculum vitae. The curriculum vitae must include three (3) references together with their names and contact details.
- A written statement of interest not exceeding 500 words about the candidate’s vision for a competitive business expansion project, with particular emphasis on conferences, meetings, trade fairs, shows and exhibition institutions in the 21st century and the new normal.
- The three (3) referees referred to in (b) above should forward their recommendations and/ or reports directly to the Chairman of the Human Resources Committee of the ZITF Board under a confidential cover by the 16th of November 2020.
- These reports and/or recommendations should attest to the candidate’s management, leadership, integrity and visionary qualities.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates.
- The closing date shall be the 16th of November 2020 at 17:00 hours. Any applications after that date and time will not be considered.
- The applications should be sent by electronic media (Email) to the Chairman of the Human Resources Committee of the ZITF Board at email@example.com or hand delivered, and marked “Private & Confidential”, to the following address:
Human Resources Committee
Zimbabwe International Trade Fair Company