As Chief Finance Officer for the Central Africa Building Society (CABS), you will be accountable
for the overall financial management and reporting of the financial status of the Business Unit (BU), both internal and external. In addition to being the public officer, the role is also responsible for the broad financial strategy for the BU, maintaining a long-term focus on the financial direction of the business.
Key Result Areas
- Drives the business planning process of the BU and monitors its performance against plan.
- Ensures best financial operating practice and IFRS compliance and is responsible for audit liaison as well as regulatory, taxation, legislative and statutory requirements.
- Contributes to and implements broader financial strategy across the business with medium to long term focus on the financial direction of the business.
- Influences business on corrective action required on identified risks within the business and enhances a safe internal control environment.
- Responsible for tax planning and advice to the business in consultation with Group Tax.
- Accountable for preparation of financial reports and record keeping, and drives commercial aspects of business.
- Accountable for monthly management reports including variance analysis and recommending corrective action.
- Accountable for preparation of financial reports and record keeping for CABS through other managers and their teams.
- Could include consolidation of accounts.
- Develops and takes accountability for the CABS business plan.
- Sets operational policies for CABS.
Governance and Compliance
- Ensures best financial operating practices are in place.
- Responsible for internal and external audit liaison.
- Ensures tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met.
- Ensures IAS compliance within a unit.
- Sets operational policies for actuarial valuation of the business.
- Contributes to and is individually accountable for implementing the broader financial strategy across the business.
- Plays an active role in the Finance community and champions the financial soundness and profitability of the BU.
- Aligns financial and governance strategy to needs in the external market (inclusive of legislative changes).
- Understands and supports the business strategies of other segments and markets.
- Manages staff and aligns staff performance contracts to business plans.
- Leads team to optimise delivery.
- Holds first line managers accountable for managerial work, including selection, performance management and talent management.
- Selects potential MO’s to sustain pipeline.
- Monitors financial processes and performance for CABS.
- Looks for opportunities to minimise tax liabilities of the organisation.
Key Required Experience, Qualification and Skills
- A first Degree in Finance or Accountancy or equivalent, MBA, CA.
- At least 10 years of post-qualification experience in the financial services sector.
- Planning and organising
- Technical knowledge
- Critical thinking Skills
We are looking for an individual confident in:
Aligning performance for success, Information monitoring, Continuous renewal, Decision making, Gaining commitment, Ownership, Initiating action, Business awareness.
Why join us
If you are interested in applying your knowledge to a big picture and to real-world business problems, this position will appeal to you.
Ready to play an integral part in driving the growth of a dynamic, well established and leading Financial Services Group? Then you are ready for Old Mutual.
Closing date: 03 March 2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.