Our Client, whose mandate is to enhance economic recovery through the greater inflow of foreign and domestic investment., wishes to fill the executive position above with a suitably qualified person.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position exists to initiate, develop and implement strategies to improve and support the financial success of the organisation, including accounting for all the revenue, expenditure, surpluses and assets of the organisation, and to provide timely and accurate financial and management information to enable of the organisation to make informed and prudent decisions. The position is integral to the crafting of the organisation’s strategic priorities and the subsequent development of supportive measurable financial objectives, as well as the initiation and implementation of quality financial management systems.
The position includes the following key principal accountabilities:
- Understand and fully articulate development strategies and their impact on of the organisation’s financial position.
- Drive the organisation’s financial strategy and being accountable for all revenue management, investments income, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Articulate process flow sources of funding for the operations of the organisation.
- Support efforts for local and off shore long term capital raising in support of the organisation future operations.
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyse internal operations and identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement.
- Fully engage the financial sector in Zimbabwe towards local funding of the organisation’s operations.
- Fully understand that the value chain creates opportunities for development opportunities in Zimbabwe.
- Understand and avail to the organisation international sources of funding for development projects in Zimbabwe.
- Ensure timely processing of accurate and reliable financial and management accounting reports through sound financial controls, in order to maintain the credibility of financial information for the organisation.
- Provide the Chief Executive Officer and the Board with technical expertise in finance and its impact on the success of the organisation.
- Perform Risk Management through analysis of the organisation’s liabilities and investments and evaluate and manage capital structures and fundraising activities.
- Oversee the Treasury Management function and ensure the reduction of the organisation’s debt through effective credit control and collection of debt systems.
- Contribute to the promotion of investment growth of the organisation
- Manage the Capital Financing function of the business and provide recommendations on the appropriate funding structures of the organisation, as well as ensure that all investments are consistent with the organisation’s objectives.
- Provide team leadership, direction and management of the Finance and Accounting team in line with the organisation’s objectives.
- Support the Internal Auditing function on behalf of the Board.
The Successful Candidate:
- The successful candidate must be a Chartered Accountant with a demonstrated successful career path with a minimum of 10 years’ post qualifying experience, rising to a Senior Executive leadership position with not less than 5 years being at a senior strategic managerial level
- Possess sound proof understanding of advanced accounting regulatory issues and tax planning
- Leadership skills with steadfast resolve and personal integrity Exceptional impact with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to develop appropriate ICI’ systems to achieve strategic goals is key
- International exposure will be an added advantage
- Ability to engage with a Board of Directors.
Closing ate for applications is Friday, 12 June 2020.