To assume responsibility for the overall integrity and operation of the financial reporting for the organisation, investor relations and stakeholder management, minority shareholders and relevant regulators requirements, and develop a close working relationship with the Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer (COO) to enable enhancement of shareholder value, as per Nedbank Zimbabwe business strategy.
- Meet financial objectives by delivering on the financial targets stated in the Balanced Scorecard.
- Meet business requirements by participating in group ALCO responsible for: interest rate risk appetite and measurement, capital adequacy and allocation, liquidity management, market risks, FOREX risks and investment risks.
- Meet reporting requirements by signing off BA returns, RBZ returns and presenting results to RBZ.
- Meet business requirements by reviewing monthly management accounts and submitting monthly to the board.
- Meet business requirements by managing preparation of half yearly unaudited press release and audited financial statements.
- Ensure consistent implementation by acting as custodian of banks accounting policies.
- Develop a robust budget to meet stakeholder approval and enable the banks goals (current year forecast and future 3 year plan).
- Facilitate debate with other EXCO members to ensure the achievement of an appropriate stretch budget per business unit relative to historic and peer group performance.
- Enable achievement of budget by reviewing variances, considering the strategic consequences and recommending actions.
- Assume responsibility for banks tax risk appetite, tax planning and tax compliance.
- Ensure appropriate alignment of Nedbank Zimbabwe strategic planning with other Clusters to deliver superior shareholder value.
- Build and sustain relations to ensure satisfied shareholders, community, regulators (inter alia RBZ, SARB, ZIMRA), customers and staff.
- Create common view and methodology by ensuring that the business areas are aligned with the rest of Nedbank.
- Collaborate with Chief Risk Officer, Chief Governance and Compliance Officer and Managing Director to own the relationship with RBZ.
- Align integrated organisational strategy with business planning to enable the competitive strategy.
- Meet strategic objectives by overseeing the implementation of the strategy and assessing regularly.
- Ensure the correct finance resources in terms of people, systems and processes to deliver an efficient and effective finance function to the bank.
- Meet objectives by ensuring team adopts the leadership framework.
- Achieve desired culture by monitoring staff morale and targeted progression.
- Manage staff effectively by providing appropriate leadership and guidance.
- Attract, recruit, retain and grow quality staff through effective motivation, training and development, on-the-job coaching, reward and recognition and performance management.
- Enable a high performing team by creating an environment in which staff are empowered to give their best.
- Meet culture and transformation objectives by leading the creation of a diversity culture and leveraging transformation as a competitive advantage.
- Master’s Degree
- Chartered Accountant ,
- Masters Degree
- 8 years experience within Financial Services Industry of which at least 3 years in an executive position.
- Achieving results through business management
- Business competitive advantage
- Profit; customer value & shareholder value
- Business success
- Understanding & valuing all business functions
- Aligning strategy; organisation & individual capability
- Business leadership & group management team member
- Both short-term & long-term business results & sustainability
- Budget forecast assumptions
- Business administration and management
- Business terms and definitions
- Change management
- Communication Strategies
- Employee engagement methodologies
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Leadership development
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Business writing skills
- Employee benefits offerings
- Resource allocation principles
- Client Service Management
- Organisational design and workforce planning techniques
- Establishing Strategic Direction
- Operational Decision Making
- Inspiring Excellence
- Driving Execution
- Financial Acumen
- Leading Change
- Driving for Results
Related Jobs (13)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract
Senior Finance and Subgrants Officer – Advocacy and Lobbying on September 15, 2020 Full Time