Our client, NetOne Cellular (Private) Limited seeks to engage an outstanding and results-oriented individual to fill the position of Chief Information Officer. The incumbent will be part of the team responsible for the formulation and implementation of the corporate
vision and strategy.
The incumbent will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
KEY JOB PURPOSE
The Chief Information Officer is responsible for development and implementation of an Information Technology strategy, policies and procedures that support business strategies for sustainable growth, service excellence and maximum return on investment.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Participate as part of the Executive Management team in the formulation and review of the corporate strategy;
- Provide Information Technology strategic direction for operations, business development and growth in the short, medium and long term;
- Determine NetOne’s I.T. systems requirements and any hardware acquisitions needed to achieve the Company’s business strategy;
- Lead in the acquisition and/or development of requisite software and management of all software licences and renewals;
- Drive the deployment and operations of I.T. infrastructure, Data Centre and Call Centre technology;
- Ensure that information systems are appropriately scaled and efficiently designed;
- Maintain a stable computing environment with optimum system availability and performance;
- Manage technology vendor relationships in a manner that ensures cost-effective and timely procurement of hardware, software and services;
- Ensure that technology-related policies and procedures including data security policies, blueprints, standards and procedures are in place and adhered to;
- Manage projects and priorities efficiently;
- Advise the Chief Operating Officer on information technology network development and management for business success;
- Initiate and drive the information technology business plans in response to defined customer requirements;
- Manage relationships with stakeholders internally and externally; Propose, develop and implement I.T. budgets for the Company;
- Ensure the department is appropriately staffed and I.T. team members have clear goals and direction and develop a culture of service excellence.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must be a holder of a B.Sc. Information Systems, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or equivalent degree;
Diploma in Project Management is required;
MBA, M.Sc. Information Technology or other relevant Master’s Degree is a prerequisite;
Current membership of a relevant professional body;
A minimum of 10 years similar work experience, 6 years of which should have been at a senior managerial level preferably in the telecommunications sector.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
Clear understanding of a multi-faceted and complex business operation;
Excellent analytical skills;
Effective decision maker;
Confidential inquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on 0712 605 026 or Cahatas Burnbira on +263 (242) 172 778/770 018
7th Floor, Fidelity Life Tower,
Raleigh Street, Harare.
Proserve, a leading supplier of Professional Executive Appointment Services has been exclusively retained to assist with execution of this assignment.
Please note that NO direct contact should be made with NetOne, its Board or Management as this will automatically disqualify the candidate.
Closing Date: 30 August 2020