Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a USAID-funded project proposal that seeks to address electoral reform in Zimbabwe. The COP will be based in Harare, Zimbabwe and will have overall management responsibility for the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Program Director in the Communities in Transition Division or their designee.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. S/he will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and rapid reprioritization of activities when necessary.
Other responsibilities include:
- Serve as principal liaison with donor representatives, Zimbabwe government counterparts and community stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities;
- Provide technical direction and leadership and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Provide technical support to the team in all program areas;
- Develop and implement work plans for project activities;
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that project results are met;
- Supervise development and submission of project deliverables and provide timely and accurate reporting and briefings to Donor/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Ensure compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations;
- Oversee implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues; and
- Manage the program team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least seven (7) years’ experience as a COP or similar management role;
- At least eight (8) years of relevant experience working for a government contractor or international NGO; at least five (5) of which should be in a supervisory capacity;
- Previous experience working in the region;
- Familiarity and experience working with USAID;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up and close-out;
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience working with electoral administration, civil society programming, and community mediation;
- Experience with activity design, development, implementation and comprehensive monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical capacity; and
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field;
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working with citizen engagement and oversight of political processes, especially as they relate to youth and gender;
- Experience working with partnership organizations, especially civil society organizations and/or government agencies;
- Experience in producing civic/voter education materials;
- Experience in developing survey tools and working with focus groups; and
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Apply by: 12 March 2020
Related Jobs (9)
Project Officer – Community Based Inclusive Development on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy