Reference Number: ECO200427-1
Job Title: Chief of Staff
Company: Higher Life Foundation
Reporting To: Group Chief Executive Officer
To provide high-level strategic and operational support to the Group Chief Executive Officer and providing accurate and insightful information which is central in creating corporate stability and inspiring stakeholders when engaging with the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- A graduate with a Degree in Economics, Social Development, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Business Studies.
- A recent Post graduate qualification is a must i.e. MBA, MBL, M.Sc.
- Competent mastery of Social Investment Sector and Strategic planning.
- 2-3 years’ working experience in a business role.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Possess experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Possess experience with budget management and strong data analysis and research skills.
- Proven success in a project coordination role.
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills i.e. PowerPoint, Microsoft Word.
Key Result Areas
- To provide critical high-level strategic and operational support to the Group Chief Executive Officer by tracking and helping to prioritise activities that requires attention on an on-going basis.
- Manage special projects commissioned and directed by the GCEO and deemed critical to advancing organisational priorities. This includes the preparation of GCEO’s presentations from time to time.
- Receives and consolidates business ideas from staff and assists the GCEO in ensuring the ideas are allocated to the various respective divisions for further development and implementation.
- Organise and attend meetings chaired by GCEO or Executive members. Record key strategic decisions and actions emanating from the meetings.
- Follow through on Strategic Decisions and ensure efficient cross functional coordination.
- Create, maintain and report oversight of the strategic project portfolio.
- Identify and escalate portfolio strategic issues and risks to the Group Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Committee.
- Facilitate the strategic project identification process in order to close gaps. Manage strategic project integration and resolve alignment issues.
- Preparing well-researched and intuitive business case reports on identified prospects to aid decision-making.
- Play a leadership function in chartering business cases in line with the strategic portfolio.
- Conserves GCEO’s time by drafting/editing confidential documents initiating communications via telephone, email and scheduling meetings.
- Assists with the preparation and editing of business and financial presentations for the GCEO including text, overheads and electronic presentations.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with the GCEO, the Executive team, and key stakeholders through arranging and (or) attending meetings.
- Acting as capable back-up in representing the office of the GCEO, engaging stakeholders and relaying requests for decisions to the GCEO.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of strategic reports for the Group by collecting and analysing information and translate these into concise reports for management.
- Analysing and interpreting results and key business metrics to identify critical and cross-functional business issues for reporting to management and other stakeholders. This involves understanding and effective application of business process and industry knowledge and in order to optimize decision making.
Closing Date: 04-05-2020
Related Jobs (24)
Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation Facilitator on September 25, 2020 Contract
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time