MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The COO is a key member of the executive team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The incumbent will be responsible for providing senior level leadership for all company operations, service provision and performance metrics. The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business for sustainable growth through the determination and formulation of policies, and provide overall direction for the company within guidelines set up by the CEO and the Board. The Chief Commercial Officer and the Chief Technology Officer will report to the COO. The incumbent will also be part of the team responsible for the formulation and implementation of the corporate vision and strategy.
DESCRIPTION OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set and achieve the business operations strategic objectives of the company.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives and managers.
- Lead the Company’s Commercial and Technology operational planning processes and develop a comprehensive strategy for aligning the operations to strategic priorities.
- Execute an aggressive growth strategy, commercialise the business and ensure quality customer service and accurate and timeous billing.
- Ensure that strategic objectives are translated into tactical business plans with measurable key performance mechanisms.
- Partner with Functional Heads to identify, prioritise and develop initiatives that are key drivers for achieving the organisation’s current and future business objectives.
- Provide cross-functional guidance that will deliver solid planning and continuous process improvement across the company.
- Drive a business transformation and turnaround agenda that will deliver appropriate target operating models to support business strategy.
- Ensure that opportunities for business development are identified and recommendations made to the CEO as appropriate.
- Develop processes to support and sustain organisational transformation through balancing people, financial resources, technology and operations.
- Set and achieve revenue performance targets relevant to the business in conformity with CEO and Board expectations.
- Benchmark productivity against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- Provide effective management and supervision of subordinates to ensure achievement of desired results.
- Review the industry and business environment on a continuous basis to identify and implement strategic opportunities, areas of synergy and alternative delivery approaches.
- Regularly assess the achievement of the business against industry standards, norms, customers’ expectations and stakeholder expectation.
- Must hold a relevant BSc, Information Systems, Computer Science, and Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent degree.
- A Master of Business Administration or other relevant Master’s Degree is a requirement.
- At least 10 years’ similar work experience of which 6 years should be at a senior management level, preferably in the ICT sector
- Full knowledge and expertise in ICT strategic planning, project management and new business development.
- A proven track record of success in meeting and/or exceeding targets and successfully implementing turnaround strategies.
Interested and qualified applicants should send or hand deliver their clearly labelled applications, with detailed CVs to:
Head Human Resources,
Telecel Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd,
P. O. Box CY232,
148 Seke Road,
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28 November 2020. Indicate the position you are applying for on your application or e-mail subject.
Only shod-listed and interviewed candidates will receive replies to their applications.
Related Jobs (41)
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract