Our client, NetOne Cellular (Private) Limited seeks to engage an outstanding and results-oriented individual to fill the position of Chief Technical Officer. The incumbent will be part of the team responsible for the formulation and implementation of the corporate vision and strategy.
The incumbent will report to the Chief Operating Officer
KEY JOB PURPOSE
The Chief Technical Officer provides direction and leadership to the Technical department. The incumbent is responsible for development and implementation of a Technical strategy which guarantees a quality cellular network. adequate coverage to ensure excellent reception and transmission of cellular communications, and overall customer satisfaction.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Participate as part of the Executive Management team in the formulation and review of the corporate strategy
- Develop the technical strategy which is aligned to NetOne’s business plan
- Direct technical operations to achieve budgeted results and to preserve value of the capital invested in the Company
- Monitor industry trends and identify the role that specific technologies will play in the Company’s future growth and competitive advantage
- Ensure optimum network reliability at a competitive cost
- Develop and implement a corporate network infrastructure risk management plan
- Provide strong leadership and technical guidance across functional teams, in order to manage large scale projects
- Lead the process of design, construction, maintenance and improvement of the Company’s network infrastructure, voice and data systems
- Lead in development and implementation of network standards, protocols, frequency requirements and arrangements, risk assessments, network security and architecture
- Ensure contractors for network related equipment and services comply with service contracts and service level agreements,
- Develop and manage the department’s budget.
- Ensure that the department is appropriately staffed with persons and skills at the right level.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be a holder of a BSc. Telecommunications Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- Diploma in Project Management is required
- MBA, MSc. Information Technology or other relevant Master’s Degree is a prerequisite
- Current membership of a relevant professional body
- A minimum of 10 years similar work experience, 6 years of which should have been at a senior managerial level preferably in the telecommunications sector.
- Astute leadership
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Clear understanding of a multi-faceted and complex business operation
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective decision maker.
Confidential inquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on 0712 605 026 or Cahatas Burnbira on +263 (242) 172 778/770 018
7th Floor, Fidelity Life Tower,
Raleigh Street, Harare.
Proserve, a leading supplier of Professional Executive Appointment Services has been exclusively retained to assist with execution of this assignment.
Please note that NO direct contact should be made with NetOne, its Board or Management as this will automatically disqualify the candidate.
Closing Date: 30 August 2020