To plan, implement, monitor, coordinate and capacity build child protection activities in all child protection projects.
Contract Duration: 12 months
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum qualification of a Social Science degree
- 3 years relevant work experience in an environment dealing with child development, child rights and child participation issues and ability to work within multi-cultural environments pertaining to situations of children
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Computer skills e.g. Word, Power Point and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and commitment to capacity building of staff, with proven skills as a trainer/facilitator and mentor
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful
- Ability to forge excellent relationships with children and adults
- Ability to work as part of field team and successfully join up work with partner staffs
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
To apply, follow the link below, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Application Deadline – 26 July 2020.
N.B: This is an emergency deployment therefore applicants will be on rolling basis as they come, as such the advert may close if a suitable candidate is found before the due date.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Employee Status: Fixed Term