Supervisor: Family Care Coordinator
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established Community Outreach Programmes around the country. The Programme aims to assist and support children in difficult circumstances, in particular, families headed by a child, a grandparent or by a single parent. We seek energetic and organized individuals to support in administration and office management of the Bulawayo location.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Cleaner will be expected to:
- Clean administration offices, guest houses and the clinic;
- Make tea/coffee for staff meetings, Staff tea breaks and visitors and assist in making meals on special Village occasions and functions;
- Maintain SOS property in good condition;
- Make orders for cleaning materials and other requirement in the department;
- Prepare guest houses in anticipation for visitors during their stay;
- Support the SOS Mothers wherever and whenever possible;
- Act as a receptionist and assistant mother when need arises;
- Act as a role model to the children and village youths;
- Understand the SOS organisation and statutes;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor;
- Assist and advise grounds man in determining the type of flowers and ornamental shrubs to be planted to improve the face of administration block and guest houses.
Qualifications & Competencies
The Cleaner must have:
- 5 Ordinary level passes including English;
- Have good verbal and written communication skills;
- Be able to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other co-workers;
- Should be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, self-directed and assertive.
To apply for this position please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 23 March 2020
Related Jobs (36)
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Advocating School Readiness Policy Environment and Capacity in Zimbabwe on September 22, 2020 Consultancy