Island Hospice and Healthcare (Island) was founded in 1979 as Africa’s first Hospice. It pioneered the development of expert palliative care services, including bereavement services for families of deceased patients and for the general community suffering loss due to any cause. The organisation’s philosophy encompasses a skilled and sensitive way of caring for those suffering from life-threatening illness and their families. The care of patients is provided through a multi-disciplinary approach that focuses on the prevention and relief of suffering by means of early identification, impeccable assessment, treatment of pain, be it physical, psychosocial, cultural or spiritual. Island is looking for an experienced full time Clinical Social Worker to join its palliative care team. The successful candidate will report to the Marondera Branch Coordinator.
- Identifies and addresses all the needs of the patients and family (i.e. – emotional, psychological, spiritual, social & cultural); Facilitates appropriate referrals;
- Uses different models of palliative care;
- Provides end-of-life care and bereavement support;
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings;
- Aims to improve relationships at all levels;
- Gets involved in project implementation and management;
- Participates in operational plans and budgets;
- Gets involved in the writing of project proposals;
- Carries out training and capacity-building of all levels of participants.
Competencies and qualifications
- Degree in Social Work;
- Experience in Palliative Care, an added advantage;
- Clinical expertise;
- Experience in NGO sector, training, mentorship and capacity-building skills;
- Ability to work in a team of staff and volunteers;
- Report-writing skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, knowledge of other data management software an added advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Driving licence, Class 4, a must.
All applications to be sent to email@example.com
Deadline: 7 December 2020