Title: Cluster Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Assistant
Deadline: 21 December 2020
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism project increases the availability and quality of care and treatment services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) by complimenting the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s (MOHCC) efforts towards HIV epidemic control in Zimbabwe. The project provides technical assistance to the management, coordination and provision of comprehensive HIV clinical care and treatment services within the national HIV program. The technical assistance spans across all MOHCC and PERFAR HIV priority technical areas.
The SIE Assistant supports a cluster of facilities in a district as way of ensuring data completeness, accuracy, and timeliness in reporting across all facility reporting systems. The Cluster SIE Assistant reports directly to the District SIE Officer.
- Work with facilities to ensure systematic filing and management of OI/ART patient files that promotes quality patient care, both in hard copy green books and electronic (ePMS/EHR/ePOC) systems;
- Periodically review patient files and support clinicians to ensure patient visits are correctly and completely documented;
- Ensure that sites generate missed appointment and lost to follow up reports periodically from ePMS/EHR/ePOC system;
- Retrieve files for lost to follow up, the deceased and defaulters, and work with facility teams to ensure that appropriate actions are taken;
- Ensure Daily back up EPMS data on computer and external drive; Ensure that the site computer is loaded with the latest EPMS version at any given moment;
- Ensure Timely submission of patient data to the district level for integration in the macro-data base;
- Support health facilities to use appropriate registers and summary tools;
- Review submitted data and compare with primary data sources to check for completeness, inconsistencies, outliers and ensure that data are aligned before entry;
- Assist in entering data into electronic systems such as ePMS, EHR and ePOC, including clearing of backlogs and ensure client status data is updated periodically;
- Periodically retrieve a variety of reports from the system as required by the Sister in charge;
- Analyse relevant and any other appropriate data to identify facility strengths and gaps in the program and report accordingly;
- Produce periodic graphs and share with facility staff;
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of High Frequency Reports (HFR) and Monthly Return Forms;
- Work with DHIO and SIE Officer to build the capacity of facility and HRH staff in SIE related skills
Qualifications and experience
- A quantitative Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Public Health, or Social Sciences is desirable;
- Minimum of 1year experience in a similar position.;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in desktop software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) a requisite
- Step 1: click here to complete the job application form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email email@example.com to clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered