Job Title: Commodities and Warehouse Officer
Reporting to: Commodities and Warehouse Supervisor
Duration: 6 months – Fixed term contract
Place of work: Bulawayo
Deadline for application: 10 June 2020 17:00 hours (applications will be assessed on a rolling basis)
A vacancy has arisen within DanChurchAid for a Commodities and Warehouse Supervisor, based in Bulawayo. DanChurchAid (DCA) is an international organisation working in Zimbabwe through partnership with local organisations.
Purpose of the position:
To manage and coordinate all warehouse activities ensuring security and safety of both commodity and staff.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Ensures donors and internal stock management procedures, guidelines and policies for food and non-food items are always adhered to.
- Conducting physical counts of all warehouse assets and reconcile asset registers.
- Ensures disposal processes for the damaged commodities follow donor and internally set procedures.
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and maintenance of warehouse, organize for thorough cleaning at least once a week, and fumigation is organized and conducted as and when required
- Compiles weekly and monthly stock reports, flag potential challenges so they can be escalated promptly to the Project Manager so that migratory measures can be taken.
- Ensures prescribed reporting formats and administrative forms are appropriately used and accounted for in relation to food and non-food storage, warehouse management, report preparation, and way bill handling.
- Conducts regular spot checks and ensures that stock levels and best Warehouse practices are maintained.
- Reviews Commodity tracking system weekly and monthly reports and submits to the Supervisor.
- Coordinates the receipt and dispatch of all good, ensures activities are completed in line with best practice within the required time frame and distribution schedules are met.
- Supervises the maintenance of hygiene standards and cleanliness of warehouse interior and exteriors.
- The candidate must possess a, Degree in Stores, Logistics, Warehouse Management, Purchasing and Supply or equivalent;
- 2 years relevant experience in Warehouse, store keeping, Logistics or related field
- Experience in NGO emergency programming is an added advantage
- Good communication skills and Ability to work with minimum supervision whilst being a strong team player