Job Title: Commodities and Warehouse Supervisor
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Duration: 6 months – Fixed term contract
Place of work: Bulawayo
Deadline for application: 10 June 2020 17:00 hours (applications will be assessed on a rolling basis)
A vacancy has arisen within DanChurchAid for a Commodities and Warehouse Supervisor, based in Bulawayo. DanChurchAid (DCA) is an international organisation working in Zimbabwe through partnership with local organisations.
Purpose of the position:
To manage and coordinate all warehouse activities ensuring security and safety of both commodity and staff.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Ensures donors and internal stock management procedures, guidelines and policies for food and non-food items are always adhered to.
- Facilitates physical counts of all warehouse assets and reconcile asset registers.
- Ensures disposal processes for the damaged commodities follow donor and internally set procedures.
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and maintenance of warehouse, organize for thorough cleaning at least once a week, and fumigation is organized and conducted as and when required
- Compiles weekly and monthly stock reports, flag potential challenges so they can be escalated promptly to the Project Manager so that migratory measures can be taken.
- Ensures prescribed reporting formats and administrative forms are appropriately used and accounted for in relation to food and non-food storage, warehouse management, report preparation, and way bill handling.
- Conducts regular spot checks and ensures that stock levels and best Warehouse practices are maintained.
- Reviews Commodity tracking system weekly and monthly reports and submits to the Project Manager.
- Regularly inspects all internal and external areas of the warehouse, verifying that security of goods is optimal and taking prompt corrective action on defects on infrastructure.
- Coordinates the receipt and dispatch of all good, ensures activities are completed in line with best practice within the required time frame and distribution schedules are met.
- Supervises the maintenance of hygiene standards and cleanliness of warehouse interior and exteriors.
- Responsible for the supervision and performance management of all the warehouse staff.
- Ensures that warehouse staff’s roles are well defined and understood, clear objectives and written work plans are agreed upon, performance is monitored and feedback is given on performance, and that adequate training and capacity building takes place.
- The Commodities and Warehouse Supervisor must possess a, Degree in Stores, Logistics, Warehouse Management, Purchasing and Supply or equivalent;
- 5 years relevant experience in Warehouse, store keeping, Logistics or related field
- Experience in NGO emergency programming is an added advantage
- Good communication skills
- Experience in managing projects with demonstrated capacity to deliver results and manage partner relationships
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision whilst being a strong team player