Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Classification: General Service Staff, UG
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Ungraded, 3 months with a possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
CFA Reference Number: CFA2020/003
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Within the context of strengthening capacity of national border agencies, including port health and civil society, for COVID-19 pandemic preparedness and response along the mobility continuum in Zimbabwe, and under the framework of the “Scaling up coordinated protection, promotion, and enforcement of human rights for citizens, and vulnerable population of Zimbabwe” project, IOM is recruiting a communication assistant to support project activities.
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and in coordination with the Project Manager for the Emergency, Preparedness and Response Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for the information and communication strategy of the project, including implementation of the various visibility initiatives, as well as overseeing all the publications and awareness activities within this action in Zimbabwe.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Design and implement the overall information and communication strategy for the programme, including a work plan specifying media to be used to disseminate programme information, main campaign message(s), message(s) format and packaging, dissemination frequency and related deadlines;
- Liaise with government authorities, donor representatives, UN communications team and other interested parties on all matters pertaining to information and communication materials;
- Coordinate the writing and production of key external information materials, including press releases, press kits, brochures, quarterly newsletters, situational reports and the weekly contributions to the UN Humanitarian reports;
- Liaise with the Media and Public Information Unit at Headquarters to draft feature articles and news stories for the global website, press briefing notes and Migrations magazine;
- Design and produce IOM’s Chief of Mission report in close collaboration with project coordinators and relevant project staff;
- Design and produce an IOM Zimbabwe yearly report;
- Maintain and update the internal IOM photo library, IOM Zimbabwe website and social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) highlighting programmes and activities in Zimbabwe;
- Assist in the development of donor reports and project proposals with respect to the visibility and communication in close consultation with programme managers;
- Advise the Chief of Mission and other staff on media, public information, event management and visibility issues;
- Perform such other such duties as may be required.
(Education, experience and competencies)
- University degree in Communications or Media or alternatively, an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience;
- Three years of professional experience in development of communication strategies, as well as design and implementation of information campaigns;
- Experience of developing information dissemination strategies in Zimbabwe;
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential and in-depth knowledge of local culture and languages, essential;
- Ability to establish working relationships with governmental authorities, UN agencies other national/international institutions and NGOs;
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office applications;
- Knowledge of publishing, photography, website and design programmes preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of IOM/UN guidelines is an advantage;
- Computer/software training would be an asset.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com by 9 June 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No late applications will be accepted.
Deadline: 9 June 2020