CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below.
The position is responsible for designing of program visibility regalia and material guided by the branding and marking strategy, consolidation of stakeholder communication reports generation and consolidation of success stories and other knowledge products such as brochures, newsletters, videos.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies potential stories of change and plan for documentation
- Solicits stories, photos and quotes from the districts, reviewing the resources and making sure they align with our themes then designing the story booklets.
- Produces a KM&L workplan
- Produces project newsletters, technical briefs and fact sheets
- Reviews content and write brief articles for the project monthly bulletins
- Produces videos for various project themes
- Designs branding materials of all project sites in the operational districts
- Provides coverage on events such as hand over ceremonies, field days, seed and food fairs, graduation ceremonies, road shows and Donor visits and solicits media coverage in line with CARE media policy guidelines, pause and reflect sessions at program level and initial similar procedures at different team meetings.
- Promotes project activities through social media platforms in ways that align with CARE media policy
- Consolidates program narrative reports
- Organizes the project dropbox folders and archive project documents (soft and hard copy) as per project requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- Ability to translate complex and complicated ideas into easily accessible and understandable concepts and/or messages
- Excellent, high-level, demonstrated written and oral communications skills in English is required.
- Knowledge of digital tactics eg social media marketing, development of videos or documentaries
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Creativity in generation of brand visibility and communication materials
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Corel Draw, or other professional editing software
- Capable of using a digital camera and taking photos for use in publications
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming.
Deadline: 25 November 2020