As a result of a change in delivery strategy of one of our projects we are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Specialist to be based in Harare but working very closely with our team based in Hwange. This is a three-month short-term contract. Phenomenal communication and writing skills make a strong communications specialist. Incumbent should have a solid understanding of how social media channels work and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
- Develop effective virtual communication strategies for the project;
- Package, edit, publish, and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action;
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community;
- Train staff on how to effectively use the various social media platforms for communication and training purposes;
- Advise the project team on the best platforms to use for communicating messages especially to poorly resourced communities.
- Proven experience as communications specialist;
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus;
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills and use of social media platforms;
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge;
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability;
- Solid understanding of project management principles;
- Fluency in English and Ndebele, knowledge of Nambya is an added advantage;
- A degree in communication with special emphasis on internet-based communications.
Please send a copy of your detailed CV with a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been recent direct supervisors to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only electronically submitted CV will be accepted.
Do not include any other attachments at this stage besides what is mentioned above.
Deadline: 27 May 2020