Reporting to: Programmes Manager
Contract Duration: 12 Months
We are looking to hire a dedicated Communications Officer to join our team. The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events. The Communications Officer should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience;
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other material that communicates the organization’s activities, programs and/or services;
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database;
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required;
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics;
- Proficiency in design and publishing software;
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field;
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role;
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign);
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms;
- Clean class four driver’s licence.
All interested candidates who meet the stated qualifications and profile should submit a resume with two contactable referees and a cover letter to email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 22 July 2020 (COB)