Moto Republik, Zimbabwe’s first creative hub, is looking for a young, vibrant individual to become its Community Manager. Moto Republik is a cutting edge co-working space for creative entrepreneurs looking for resources to professionalise and a space in which they can collaboratively sharpen their craft. Moto Republik is a leading content creation hub, arts centre and a vital space for free expression. Creative hub activities centre around the co-working space, providing an environment conducive to professional development and the production and co-creation of products, programmes and work by artists, entrepreneurs, designers, activists, and content creators.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced creative professional with a background preferably in arts promotion, events organizing and project management and demonstrable experience working with a range of stakeholders including artists, arts organisations, the media, public bodies, and the public.
- Knowledge and experience working in fundraising is also desirable.
- Ideally the candidate will be passionate about the creative sector and supporting young creatives.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated and dynamic person who can think and operate strategically, as well as being able to maintain high standards for the hub.
- The candidate should be methodical, well-organised and have the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Duties will require certain flexibility in attendance and representation at evening events.
- This post is being offered on a fixed term contract basis.
- Coordinate the entire Moto Republik Project including events, memberships, accelerator/incubator programmes, regional networks and other initiatives;
- Manage all arts and creative entrepreneurial events, trainings and programmes at Moto;
- Coordinate accelerator/incubator programmes to benefit the creative sector;
- Manage personnel, interns and resource people;
- Work on fundraising proposals;
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of the project;
- Compile a final report on the project;
- Create and implement project monitoring frameworks, indicators, targets, data collection tools, M&E plans;
- Timeously provide monthly and quarterly reports on all activities, outputs and relevant outcome indicators;
- Work as part of the Magamba Network team in contributing towards meeting the organization’s objectives;
- Reports to the Operations Manager; Any other duties assigned by Operations Manager
Marketing & PR
- Produce publicity material for the Moto Republik programme of events;
- Devise and manage a social-media strategy that enhances the profile of the Hub and utilize all digital platforms as potential sales tools;
- Increase online-audiences via all social media platforms;
- Be responsible for maintaining and developing the Moto website & all associated branding
Coordination & Membership Management
- Conduct intensive membership drives and manage membership for co-working space;
- Set up and manage membership database;
- Analyse and monitor membership growth and devise strategies to increase, improve and streamline membership and prepare recommendations to the Operations Manager;
- Facilitate regular meetings with the community to shape relevant monthly programming and enhance community participation and ownership of the Hub
Business Development and Fundraising:
- Develop a strong marketing strategy that includes audience analysis and development;
- Brochure copy and design;
- Distribution plan;
- Digital strategy;
- Co-working space branding;
- E-newsletter production;
- Managing the Hub’s membership scheme;
- PR & media;
- Pricing structure;
- Website and social media management;
- Maximise business opportunities through sponsorship, fundraising and PR activities;
- Generate business for the hub through approaching corporates, CSOs, organizations, embassies and so forth to hire out spaces for workshops, receptions and so forth.
- BS degree Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Marketing, Business Administration, Project Management or related fields;
- Creative and artistic;
- Proven work experience as a manager;
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages;
- Good report writing and proposal writing skills;
- Command of written and spoken English;
- Good computer skills;
- Tech savvy and experience in social media management;
- Excellent presentation;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Must have self-confidence
Key Terms of Engagement:
Location: Belgravia, Harare
Employer: Moto Republik
Salary/fee: Dependent on experience
Interested candidates should forward a Cover Letter and CV with subject title ‘Community Manager’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21 February 2020 (1pm)
Related Jobs (15)
Call for Consultancy Promoting women participation in ASM on August 5, 2020 Consultancy
Field Officer – For Citizens of Zimbabwe and Cambodia on August 5, 2020 Full Time