Job Title : Community Visioning (CV) Lead – Zimbabwe
Location : ZW (Primary)
Category : International
Job Type : Full-time
Career Level : Team Lead
Education : Bachelor’s Degree
CNFA is currently seeking a Community Visioning (CV) Lead to support its proposed Development Food Security Activity in Zimbabwe. The position will be based in Zimbabwe. The CV Lead will lead an ongoing shared visioning process for collective action in which community actors can contribute their perspectives, articulate aspirations, define individual and communal strengths and hoped-for contributions, voice concerns, and highlight successes. They will also promote vibrant civil society engagement in community planning, government engagement, and program implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engaging with communities in a sustained, collaborative, and participatory process to identify challenges;
- Facilitating dialogue on group and individual aspirations and potential pathways to reach their aspirations in the context of limitations;
- Generating local solutions and strategies for addressing food and nutrition security issues and mobilizing communities to work jointly to address these issues;
- Building on existing cohesion among community members and fostering cohesion where it is weak;
- Ensuring psychological safety of poor and marginalized people to participate, contribute, and feel integrated;
- Work closely with the Food Security Technical Lead to ensure that program implementation meets the needs of the targeted communities and aligns with participant aspirations;
- Collaborate with the Food Security Technical Lead and Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation Lead and engage communities in sustained participatory learning throughout the life of the program to guide any necessary adaptation to the program and address challenges articulated by project participants in their journey to realize development aspirations.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences;
- At least (7) seven years of demonstrated experience in community visioning and social mobilization;
- Particular experience in facilitating transformational leadership and shared visioning with communities;
- Strong understanding of local cultural practices, social networks, and gender and age dynamics strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of agricultural, livelihood, and/or food security programming is preferred;
- Experience with international donor projects required, experience with USAID and Food for Peace preferred;
- Strong oral and written English skills required, knowledge of local languages preferred.
CNFA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of CNFA to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, veteran status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.