MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the CEO and to the Board of Directors, the incumbent will be responsible for the provision of sound legal advice in line with corporate governance guidelines, as well as corporate secretarial services to the Company, Board of Directors, Board Committees and the Executive Management Committee. The Company Secretary’s responsibilities will include provision of confidential legal services to the company by ensuring a robust pragmatic and proactive legal service exists across the organisation to protect the company’s interests.
DESCRIPTION OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and effectively implement a robust corporate legal strategy.
- Provide Secretarial services to the Board, Shareholders and Committee meetings including convening the meetings, preparation of agenda and papers as well as drafting of minutes and extracting resolutions thereafter.
- Effectively coordinate all Board activities and meetings, including the training and induction of new Board members.
- Provide the Board and its committees with all requisite information and support to ensure that they effectively discharge their duties.
- Provide sound legal advice to the Board, management and staff on matters of corporate law and ethics in compliance with good corporate governance principles and liaise with relevant regulatory bodies as required.
- Provide legal counsel and advice to the Business, to pro-actively scan for legal risks in order to identify, avoid, mitigate or manage them and to be responsive to legal trends that may affect the business.
- Manage the process of outsourcing external legal services and give appropriate instructions and adequate briefing to the external legal professionals.
- Oversee the drafting and maintenance of all legal documentation to ensure that the interests of the company are adequately protected or safeguarded in various aspects and in all litigation.
- Administer the debt collection portfolio and ensure that litigation is instituted appropriately.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations through the maintenance of a robust system for record keeping of all statutory documents, as well as timely submission of returns to various regulatory bodies and custody of the same.
- Must have a relevant Bachelor of Laws (BL) Degree, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree or equivalent.
- A post-graduate qualification such as full Chartered Institute of Secretaries (C.I.S) or any other equivalent/relevant qualification is preferred.
- A Master of Business Administration or Master in Business Leadership degree is an added advantage.
- At least 8 years hands-on legal experience is required of which 5 years should have been at a senior level, preferably handling corporate secretarial matters.
- Must be a member of the Law Society of Zimbabwe.
- Have a demonstrable understanding of the various laws and instruments regulating the telecoms sector.
- Must have sound knowledge and exposure to Board activities, meeting management and circular preparation.
- A solid understanding of Corporate Governance principles.
Interested and qualified applicants should send or hand deliver their clearly labelled applications, with detailed CVs to:
Head Human Resources,
Telecel Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd,
P. O. Box CY232,
Or email to: email@example.com not later than 28 November 2020. Indicate the position you are applying for on your application or e-mail subject.
Only short-listed and interviewed candidates will receive replies to their applications.
Related Jobs (12)
Protection and Accountability Officer (Bulawayo / Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time