Start date: as soon as possible.
A local NGO is inviting applications for the position of Complaints and Advocacy Officer. Reporting to the Executive Director.
The Complaints and Advocacy Officer shall be responsible for receiving media complaints, reviewing and organizing meetings for adjudication of media complaints, draft policy positions, lobby and advocate on media freedom, media law reform, media safety and enhancing ethical and professional conduct in the media sector in Zimbabwe.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Media Studies, Communications and Public Relations and any qualifications related to communications;
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage;
- At least three years work experience in an NGO will be an added advantage;
- Familiarity and experience with donor regulations;
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Social Media platforms management and managing an organizational website;
- Experience with Human Resources management;
- Ability to Write Project proposals and Donor Reports;
- Experience in a Newsroom and media organization set up
Duties and Key Responsibilities
Main duties include:
- Receive and process media complaints;
- Organise mediation sessions and Implement the organisation’s Work Plan;
- Assist the Executive Director in following up implementation of the VMCZ’s Strategic Plan and Media Complaints Committee decisions;
- Follow up media legislation and policy making processes and advise the Executive Director accordingly;
- Analyse, research and monitor policies related to the media in Zimbabwe and write position papers;
- Organise advocacy activities and events planned by the organization;
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding media professional and ethical standards;
- Assist Finance Officer with programme budgeting and write activity reports and donor reports and keep record of the same;
- Prepare updates for the Executive Director on activities and media complaints;
- Research and draft fundraising proposals for new programme activities and participate in organisational planning and strategic review meetings;
- And any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director
Interested candidates should send in a CV and letter of motivation (1 page) to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 10 July 2020