About the organization
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of Compliance and Awards Officer, based in Harare, Belgravia. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract of employment is for one year and is renewable subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
This is an independent, objective, assurance and advisory role designed to add value and improve Zim – TTECH and its sub-awardees’ operations by bringing a systematic, risk based, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The role is also meant to assist members of Management in the effective discharge of their duties and responsibilities by reviewing, measuring, and evaluating the design, adequacy, and operational effectiveness of the system of internal controls. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director.
- Assessing the level of compliance with relevant laws and regulations and conforming with administrative requirements of the primary grantee and other monitoring bodies like CDC, PEPFAR, etc;
- Ensuring the adequate existence of and adherence to proper financial controls consistent with sound International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Funding agency requirements;
- Determining internal audit objectives and identifying high risk audit focus areas of the organization;
- Conducting stock takes, cash counts and asset verification exercises and ensuring the completeness of asset records;
- Conducting investigations with Logistics Officer as and when requested by the Board and Executive Team and making routine follow ups on audit engagements, at least once annually before commencement of next audit;
- Resolving issues raised on external audit management letter for the previous year’s Uniform Guidance Single Audit;
- Coordinating with internal teams and external audit partners, and government departments to meet minimum legislative requirements;
- Planning, organizing and conducting internal audit engagements and subsequent follow up of recommended actions on agreed management action plan;
- Meeting with the Board, by invitation, to discuss Compliance and Awards matters, high risk findings and recommended way forward;
- Producing written reports on audit findings and recommendations for improvements and management action;.
- Reviewing all departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to match and benchmark with leading industry practice for adequacy, completeness, effectiveness of design and taking custodianship of same;
- Reviewing all contracts and Service Level Agreements to confirm existence of genuine business terms;
- Working with ICT department in reviewing ICT systems, monitoring compliance controls on cyber and data security, cloud computing, digital projects etc;
- Assisting the Executive team in identifying any key Governance, Risk and Compliance issues and making recommendations to improve operational efficiency;
- Working as a compliance resource to staff, conducting internal trainings, and developing support & reference tools to facilitate effective implementation of compliance goals;
- Assessing, summarizing, and disseminating to Zim-TTECH and sub-awardees special terms of each award/funding source;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Executive Team or Board of Directors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A degree in any of the following areas: Accounting; Auditing; Risk Management;
- Possession of any of the following: Internal Audit Qualifications, Chartered Accountancy, Articled Clerk, Chartered Public Accountancy or ACCA qualifications will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years of in-depth experience in internal audit or risk management working with integrated, computerized accounting systems;
- Ability to multitask, think creatively, strategically, work independently or collaboratively and contribute immensely with value adding ideas and be able to demonstrate good interpersonal, planning, organizing, analytical leadership skills,
- Strong financial, computer literacy, liaison and administration skills.
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the below mentioned address:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
10 Natal Road,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 October 2020