CBZ Holdings’ Group IT is hiring a COMPUTER OPERATOR
The role – what we expect from you:
- Execute End of Cycle (EOC) processes as per set operations procedures
- Resolve any EOC challenges timeously as per resolution and escalation procedures
- Generate relevant reports.
- Archive and index reports on the Datastore platform
- Avail daily and monthly reports to users within the agreed times as per Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Maintain up time for all operating systems.
- Proactively perform capacity management activities on Data Center equipment and systems.
- Conduct backups for all systems housed in the group Data Centre and ensure safe storage.
- Provide the interfacing function for back-end support technicians.
- Perform synchronization of systems within the recommended intervals to minimise data inconsistencies.
- Upload batch transactions into the core systems.
- Test restoration procedures to ensure they are up to date and effective
- Restore systems for Disaster Recovery quarterly tests.
- Implement and review IT Security controls within area of operation.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognised institution
- 3 Years’ Computer Operations experience in a Data Center environment
- Sun Solaris Certification
- Red Hat Certification
- Knowledge of Banking systems
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Environments
- Good Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Good Communication Skills
Please email application and CV to email@example.com with the position you are applying for as the subject title.
Applications close Tuesday 16 June 2020.