About the organization
Zimbabwe – Technical Assistance Training and Education Center for Health (Zim-TTECH) is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of Consultancy Assistant, based in Harare, Belgravia. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases.
Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract of employment is for ten months from 01 December 2020 to 30 September 2021 and may be renewable subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Consultancy Officer and will be responsible for ensuring the thoroughness and completeness of consultants records viz engagement documents like requisitions and contracts, payment records and maintenance of the consultants database cognisant of all movements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Helping in soliciting Expressions of Interest from prospective cadres and sorting subsequent paperwork for onward processes;
- Assisting in conducting bid analysis for consultants and providing feedback on same;
- Ensuring availability of required “tools of the trade” before engagement of selected candidates;
- Disseminating information to cadres about the organisation’s operating principles, policies and values.
- Creating, updating and maintaining consultants records and electronic database;
- Helping Consultancy Officer in ensuring availability of source documents for consultants payments before processing of fees and checking accuracy & completeness of same;
- Ensuring the systematic filing of consultants records for easy of access and retrieval;
- Being the point person for the Group Personal Accidents claims;
- Capturing all input needed for processing of consultants fees;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Honors degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences;
- Diploma or Certificate in Records Management is an added advantage;
- Must have basic accounting or bookkeeping knowledge;
- 2 years of relevant experience;
- Hands on knowledge in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should clearly indicate the title of the position they are applying for on the envelope and submit the Application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of Certificates to the below mentioned address:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
10 Natal Rd,
This is a re-advert, candidates who applied before should not re-apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4 January 2021