Location of Assignment: Masvingo
Duration of Assignment: 5 days
Dates: 3-5 September 2020
Reports to: CGCDZ Director, Elliot Vengesa
The Centre for Gender and Community Development in Zimbabwe (CGCDZ), which was legally registered and established on 1 st September 2016, is a non-governmental organization endeavoring to economically empower and improve the living conditions of poor and marginalized communities in Masvingo Province. CGCDZ takes community centered and community led initiatives as the basis for all interventions and livelihood activities enabling the contribution towards mainstream development processes. CGCDZ realizes and understands that it does not have all the technical, financial and human skills to accomplish its mandate on its own and therefore places great importance on the development and nurturing of partnerships at community, district and provincial levels. This enables the organization to take advantage of the competencies and experiences of other organizations and/or individuals to achieve maximum impact in its interventions. As a nascent organization established in September 2016, CGCDZ is currently focusing on developing the capacity of its staff in Disaster Risk Reduction. Currently, CGCDZ has 6 full time staff and 4 interns. CGCDZ is now seeking an experienced expert to capacitate CGCDZ board and staff and interns in Gender Analysis Training
The purpose of this assignment is training in Disaster Risk Reduction for CGCDZ with a view to enhancing disaster preparedness.
To provide training to CGCDZ Board and senior staff in Disaster Risk Reduction
Roles and Responsibilities of Consultant
In undertaking the above assignment, the Consultant will be required to do the following:
- Desk review of the relevant documents;
- Consultative meetings/interview with relevant stakeholders;
- Workshop with CGCDZ Board and Staff;
- A CGCDZ Disaster Risk Reduction Manual; Workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- 3-5September 2020
- Payment is only made after successful completion of the task and submission of the Disaster Risk Reduction manual.
Role of CGCDZ
- Provide the consultant with all the necessary documents and support.
- The consultant will perform their tasks under the general supervision of the CGCDZ’s director
Qualifications and Experience:
- All qualified individuals with relevant experience in Disaster Risk Reduction are encouraged to apply;
- Experience in Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
Deadline: 1 September 2020