Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe (Help) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1981 that works in around 20 countries throughout the world, including in Zimbabwe.
Expected Outcome of the Service
A completed, comprehensive Concept Note including mandatory Annexes for the proposed programme that is based on primary and secondary data findings/analysis and in line with the USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) Guidelines. This should be developed with involvement from Help staff members; Completion of the Checklist of Required Elements for Full Application either through the direct provision of services or, where applicable, through consultation; Synergies with past interventions implemented by Help in order to emphasise Helps expertise in priority sectors including ongoing activities. The respective information can be acquired from Help staff members; The consultant ensures that the Concept Note is in line with the USAID BHA Programmatic Priorities; Final drafts of all Concept Note-related and supporting documents as per identified donor requirements.
Scope of the Consultancy Contract
The consultant agrees to provide the following services for Help:
- Work with staff to interpret guidelines, and gather material and information necessary for a convincing Concept Note;
- Write grant proposals as requested in time to meet the deadline of 10 working days from the day of signing the contract, and prepare the Concept Note for submission in line with USAID Application and Award Management Portal (AAMP);
- Attend meetings necessary to accomplish the required work.
Qualifications and experience
The consultant must have the following competencies:
- Must have similar experience on concept note or proposal writing in the past three years;
- Should have an advanced degree in Development studies, Business management, Emergency Preparedness and Response, Disaster management or a discipline related to one of the technical areas addressed by the project, from recognized universities;
- Experience and good understanding of USAID rules and regulations and at least three successful USAID concept notes or proposals;
- Experience in developing organizational strategies, contingency plans, actions plans and policy documents etc. in areas of food security;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Interested consultants should submit a request to email@example.com for the Terms of reference. Applicants are also requested to send copies of CVs of the contractor and/or their team members.
Deadline: 21 December 2020