Action Aid Zimbabwe seeks to engage a Consultant to conduct an external final evaluation of its PPL-funded project Empowered Adolescent Girls for Improved Quality of Life. This project was designed to increase empowerment and improve quality of life among adolescent girls in Shamva, Chitungwiza and Hopley by implementing unique best practices and models to address three areas: Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG), Comprehensive Sexuality Education and Economic Empowerment.
Roles and key deliverables
The consultant(s) will be expected to deliver the following:
- A presentation of preliminary findings and recommendations to the AA Evaluation Committee, immediately prior to the submission of the draft report to AA;
- A PowerPoint presentation summarising key finalised findings and recommendations that can be used to disseminate findings within ActionAid and with external stakeholders;
- An ActionAid Evaluation Summary, a 2-3 page abstract of the evaluation in a standard format, the template for which will be shared with the evaluator(s) at the inception period. This may build on and re-use content from the Executive Summary as appropriate; the raw data (all transcripts, quantitative data, data collection tools) is handed over to ActionAid together with the evaluation report; comprehensive inception report, including a complete set of data collection tools, during the inception phase. These will be designed in collaboration with ActionAid and implementing partners;
- Evaluation report of no more than 25 pages, (excluding annexes) as a Word document.
Qualifications and experience required
The consultant or team must have the following experience and skills:
- Thematic experience of VAWG/gender-based violence, sexual and reproductive health, and women’s economic empowerment;
- Extensive understanding and experience of sector-standard approaches to safeguarding and sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (SHEA);
- Experience in engaging in feminist, gender-transformative and/or gender-sensitive evaluation;
- Geographic expertise in Zimbabwe in general and Hopley, Chitungwiza and Shamva in particular;
- Expertise in designing and managing rigorous evaluation and/or research processes;
- Experience in innovative qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis;
- Experience in designing and conducting participatory and empowerment-focused methods and strong downward accountability mechanisms to actively share results and learning;
- Evidence of use of ethical considerations and methodological measures for that respect the rights, safety and security of all stakeholders;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Shona.
Get the full TORs here: https://www.dropbox.com/…/PPL_Zim_EAGIQL_FinalEval_CfEoI.do…
Consultant/consulting teams are required to submit expression of interest including the following:
- A narrative/technical proposal (max 5 pages),
- A financial proposal indicating fees for the consultancy and cost per major activity,
- CVs of consultant(s) who will work on the assignment and at least contacts of three referees who can vouch for the quality of your previous work.
Completed bids must be sent by e-mail in PDF format to: email@example.com with heading PPL END OF EVALUATION CONSULTANT.
Given the spread of COVID-19 across the globe, no hard copies will be accepted.
NB: Please note that whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Please further note that although we value all applications, we unfortunately can only respond to short-listed consultants.
Deadline: 17 July 2020 (5pm)
Related Jobs (27)
Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation Facilitator on September 25, 2020 Contract
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time