Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Purpose of the position
The candidate will be responsible for giving expert advice on all medical concerns of children and young people in the village.
Priority tasks & responsibilities
- Assessing health of newly admitted children;
- Recommending individual health plans for children under the Family Care;
- Attending to the needs of children and caregivers with minor ailments;
- Making referrals to hospitals and Health Specialists of children with more serious health cases;
- Writing monthly reports to the Family Care Coordinator on health status of children;
- Assisting with procurements of drugs for the village clinic;
- Checking and advising on the health of children;
- Supporting the Family Care Coordinator in all matters concerning health, nutrition and cleanliness of the children;
- Checking that all the children get the correct and proper medical care;
- Maintaining up to date records on the immunization of the children and medical records with confidentiality;
- Maintaining good relations with doctors, clinics and hospitals that offer services to children under care of SOS;
- Training mothers and counsel youths on good health habits;
- Abiding by the SOS code of conduct and all SOS policies.
The Consultant Nurse should have:
- 5 “O” levels including Mathematics and English;
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing;
- Nursing practicing certificate;
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience as a practicing nurse.
Key skills and experiences
The Consultant Nurse must be:
- Committed to the mission, vision and values of SOS Children Villages Zimbabwe;
- A very good communicator who can effectively communicate with children and young Adults;
- Excellent in report writing;
- Able to operate in a highly confidential environment;
- Have strong analytical skills;
- Be good team player;
- Be retired nurse or a mature nurse willing to work as a Consultant nurse;
- Honest and hardworking;
- Flexible to accommodate day. Night and weekend shifts;
- Able to work with little or no supervision;
- Computer literate;
- Be able to put into practice children’s rights, responsibilities and gender equity;
- Self-motivated and morally upright.
Please send cover letter and CV, with 3 traceable referees who are previous supervisors, to the email address indicated below. The subject matter of your email should read “CONSULTANT NURSE”.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 29 May 2020
Related Jobs (6)
Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Manager on November 16, 2020 Contract
National Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Clerk on November 12, 2020 Full Time