WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT & JOB PURPOSE
The World Food Programme’s (WFP) 2017–2021 Country Strategic Plan (CSP) for Zimbabwe is a significant step forward on WFP’s vision for zero hunger as it addresses food security and nutrition challenges. The CSP has priority actions based on: lessons learned, discussions with the Government, donors and partner consultations, the findings of the Zero Hunger Strategic Review and an assessment of funding opportunities.
The objectives of WFP’s urban interventions are to collaborate with the government and partners at all levels to maximize the food security and nutrition impact of existing safety net programmes and to offer technical, advisory services related to the design, operationalization and evaluation of the cost-efficiency and effectiveness of food security and nutrition-sensitive safety nets and other food security, nutrition and resilience-building interventions. Currently, WFP is implementing a cash-based transfer intervention in 8 urban domains across the country and is scaling it up to 20 urban domains to respond to the needs of the urban communities.
WFP Zimbabwe seeks applications for a Reporting Officer from qualified candidates for its urban programme based at the Country Office (CO) in Harare. The ideal candidate would be able to effectively coordinate across different functional units, cooperating partners, and field offices to collect the required information and synthesize it for both internal and external reporting requirements. The candidate would be required to have strong inter-personal and communication skills to articulate the complexities of the urban programme in a reader-friendly manner. The Reporting Officer will have a direct reporting line to the Donor Relations Lead and a matrix reporting line to the Urban Lead.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Political Science, International Development, Urban Policy, International Relations, Monitoring and Evaluation or related fields
- At least five years’ work experience required in a reporting and/or copy-editing role with WFP and/or the UN system.
- Humanitarian/development field experience is desirable as is working knowledge of reporting requirements of different donors including DFID, CERF, ECHO, SDC and/or USAID.
- Experience in food security, cash based transfer and resilience programming will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant experience in information coordination and management; Knowledge of WFP and food security and nutrition issues;
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills with an understanding of reporting technical documents including VfM, logframe, budgets, risk registers;
- Strong impact, outcome, output and activity based reporting
- Microsoft Publisher skills.
- Strong written and spoken English skills are required.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an added advantage.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10 July 2020.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Related Jobs (23)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time