The Zimbabwe Association of Community Radio Stations (ZACRAS) is a membership based non-profit making Association established in 2003 to promote community radio interests in Zimbabwe. The formation of ZACRAS was premised on the need for a unified national advocacy platform for community radio initiatives and activists. This national advocacy platform, ZACRAS, has had as its primary tasks, seeking both the democratization of broadcasting and media related laws as well as pursuing a people-centered lobbying for the urgent licensing of community radio stations.
Scope of work
ZACRAS seeks a qualified consultant to develop a Resource Mobilization Strategy with a proposed action plan responsive to the organisation’s strategic vision, objectives, and results-orientation.
Major duties and responsibilities / methodology
- Consultant will submit an expression of interest articulating clearly how she/he intends to facilitate the process including cost of the assignment;
- Consultant will ensure that he/she peruses our organisation’s documents so as to acquaint themselves with our work, have a prior meeting with staff and prepare a program;
- Workshop Facilitation;
- Production of a Resource Mobilisation Strategy and Implementation Plan.
Qualifications, key competencies, technical background, and experience required
- Holder of at least a Master’s Degree in Business Management, the Social Sciences, Economics or Development studies;
- At least 10 years’ experience in the development sector, preferably in fundraising, resource mobilisation or partnership building;
- Ability to apply Resource Mobilization and Partnerships building theory to specific institutional contexts.
Expected results / deliverables
- ZACRAS Resource Mobilisation Strategy and Implementation Plan;
- Workshop Report.
- Documents Review and Workshop Material Production – 2 days
- Conduct interviews with ZACRAS Secretariat and Board – 1 day
- Physical Workshop Session – 2 days
- Draft Resource Mobilisation Strategy and Implementation Plan
- Compilation and Presentation – 7 days
- Final document and report submission – 5 days
- Estimated total number of days – 17 days
Role of the organisation
- Provide all the documents required by the Consultant necessary for the assignment;
- To ensure all deliverables are met before the payment has been done;
- Any other necessary support related to the assignment
100% payment shall be done upon successful completion of the assignment.
For the duration of the assignment, the Consultant will report to the ZACRAS National Coordinator.
If interested, kindly send your expression of interest to email@example.com .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 13 November 2020