The Zimbabwe Association of Community Radio Stations (ZACRAS) is a membership based non-profit making Association established in 2003 to promote community radio interests in Zimbabwe. The formation of ZACRAS was premised on the need for a unified national advocacy platform for community radio initiatives and activists. This national advocacy platform, ZACRAS, has had as its primary tasks, seeking both the democratization of broadcasting and media related laws as well as pursuing people-centered lobbying for the licensing of community radio stations.
ZACRAS has experienced significant growth which saw the organisation registering some very encouraging and exciting achievements in the past years. More recently and as a result of ZACRAS’ lobby and advocacy efforts, Zimbabwe is now in the process of licensing community radios which is a major game changer in Zimbabwe media development agenda. As much as ZACRAS has experienced growth and development in various areas, there is a need to strengthen our approach to changes in the operating environment. ZACRAS therefore intends to hold a Strategic Planning meeting to review its current Strategic Plan document so that it is responsive to current trends and developments. The Strategic Planning Meeting will be attended by representatives of our Membership, Board, General Council Leadership and Secretariat.
ZACRAS seeks to engage a Consultant to assist in reviewing and updating its Strategic Plan document including the development of a Risk Management plan and M & E Plan. This will enable ZACRAS to have a contextual Strategic Plan document which is responsive to current trends and developments.
Major duties and responsibilities / methodology
- Consultant will submit an expression of interest articulating clearly how she/he intends to facilitate the process including cost of the assignment;
- Consultant will ensure that he/she peruses our organisation’s documents so as to acquaint themselves with our work, have a prior meeting with staff and prepare a program;
- Facilitate the Strategic Planning Meeting;
- Produce a Strategic Plan document encompassing a Risk Management Plan and an M & E Plan;
- Report production capturing the process, observations and recommendations.
Qualifications, key competencies, technical background, and experience required
- Proven experience in similar assignments for a minimum period of 10 years;
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Strategic Management or equivalent.
- Experience in community media will be an added advantage;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience with a focus on facilitating organisational development processes;
- Expertise in designing and implementing a wide range of interactive methods to strengthen non-profit organisations.
Expected results / deliverables
- Strategic Plan document;
- A Strategic Plan meeting report inclusive of recommendations.
- Conduct interviews with General Council leadership, Board , Members and Secretariat – 1 day
- Documents Review – 2 days
- Physical Meeting & facilitation – 4 days
- Draft document compilation and presentation – 7 days
- Final document and report submission – 5 days
- Estimated total number of days – 19 days
Role of the organisation
- Provide all the documents required by the Consultant necessary for the assignment;
- To ensure all deliverables are met before the payment has been done;
- Any other necessary support related to the assignment
100% payment shall be done upon successful completion of the assignment.
For the duration of the assignment, the Consultant will report to the ZACRAS National Coordinator.
If interested, kindly send your expression of interest to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 13 November 2020