Duration: Short-term (21 days) contract
The advent of COVID 19 has intensified the lines of conflict in Zimbabwe. It is necessary to study and plan for a possible deepening of the crisis in Zimbabwe as lines of political contest deepen and as state capacity is constrained by economic contraction. This research will constitute an important pillar within civil society to have a framework as the country goes through a series of deepened national crises.
- Study and summarise lessons from transitions elsewhere (Kenya, South Africa);
- Share views and analysis looking into the future;
- Consult with civil society organisations about analysis and expectations;
- Develop a framework that highlights opportunities and constraints.
- Conduct virtual/fieldwork data gathering meetings with different civil society organisations, based on sectorial interests, churches, labour, youth, farmers, students, women’s groups, war veterans, arts, media;
- Produce final report highlighting and analysing the state of affairs and transitional mechanisms.
Please send the following to email@example.com
- A CV;
- A covering letter explaining your motivation and fit for the post, making clear your availability, location, and expected fee schedule;
- Sample of previous related work; and details of two referees, indicating if they may be contacted immediately.
We will contact shortlisted candidates by 4 September 2020; if you do not hear from us by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 28 August 2020