A local legal research group is seeking services of a consultant with experience in legal research and legislative drafting to develop a model law. The Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.20) 2013 Act, has the bill of rights which guarantees inviolable right to fair hearing. The full realization of this right is however questionable without a comprehensive law that protects vulnerable victims and witnesses in the justice systems. It is in this context that we are seeking services of the consultant that will develop a model law that will be used by the group to lobby for the enactment of this law in Zimbabwe.
We now invite eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above stated services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services required (legal research and legal drafting).
To be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
Level of Experience
- The consultant should have at least seven (7) years’ experience in legal research and legislative drafting.
- The consultant must provide information to indicate qualification to perform the task, description of similar assignment, relevant experience, general qualifications and names of references.
- Applications from Zimbabwean institutions or organisations that have such expertise will also be considered.
Expressions of Interest
Interested candidates should:
- Provide a brief resume (not more than 2 pages) focusing on required skills and experience);
- Institutions/organisations should send an organisational profile and resume for lead consultant;
- Cost estimates and number of days required;
- A sample research paper (preferably published paper)
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 14 August 2020