Business Unit: Wholesale Banking
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Technology Services Department
Vacancy Manager: Core systems and Development Operations Manager
Purpose of the job
To supervise shift and monitor optimal system performance, availability, data integrity and accuracy in line with the set performance target.
Main Focus Areas
PLANNING FOR SYSTEM UPTIME
- Prepares shifts schedule and submits to the Core Systems & DevOps Manager prior to the discussion with subordinates
- Prepares training schedules and liases with Human Capital upon approval.
- Participates in the formulation Technology Operations plans and policies
- Participates in definition of Internal Service Level agreements
TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS MONITORING
- Monitors and Reviews the successful execution of End of Day (EOD), month end and End of Year (EOY) activities performed by Core Systems Analysts
- Checks and reports daily to Core Systems & DevOps Manager any system challenges and interventions their within the set SLAs
- Resolves and escalates of any service disruption in line with the set standards
- Reviews and updates procedures and manuals in line with changes in business processes, requirements and Technology operating environment.
- Manages the testing and application of patches into the Core Banking System (Flexcube) in line with patch management and change management policies.
- Checks and signs off operational checklists on a daily and weekly basis.
- Reviews systems backup logs and checks compliance with data management and backup policy.
- Reviews the Technology Operations Incidents and submits a report with recommendations to the Core Systems & DevOps Manager
- Reviews and authorises the creation of Core Banking System (Flexcube) and peripheral systems user profiles in Technology Operations applications and checks adherence to policy
- Reviews and consolidates the perfomance trends regarding capacity usage, system response time, error rates and submits a report with recommendations to the Core Systems & DevOps Manager
- Reviews and reports to Core Systems & DevOps Manager on systems maintenance daily inline with the set procedures.
DISASTER RECOVERY AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
- Monitors and reviews back up and restoration operations for the disaster recovery site
- Checks that System backups are done and secured properly daily.
- Participates in IT risk assessment, business continuity planning, testing and evaluation
- Participates in disaster recovery plan formulation
- Reviews weekly restorations of backed up systems and check that these have been filed.
- Participate in system recoveries and establish emergency operations at DR site in the event of a disaster
- Agrees medium and short term objectives, develops a work plan, and checks that this is being carried out.
- Coaches and/or arranges for the training of staff in the understanding of Departmental procedures
Qualifications and Work Experience
- First Degree in Computer Science , Information Systems or equivalent will be required.
- MBA an added advantage
- 3 – 4 years experience in technology or similar environment
Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding people and business management skills.
- Highly Innovative
- Good Project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong relationships building and networking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Up -to -date with the current (and future) levels of Technology.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Core Systems Specialist” or hand deliver to Human Capital Administration offices
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing Date: 21 June 2020 @ 1630hrs.
Related Jobs (10)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time